Silica gel can be reused over and over again and has some excellent applications in the home and office:
1) Put packets of silica gel in with your silverware. It slows down the tarnishing process.
2) Place them inside your camera cases, with lenses, to keep your equipment dry.
3) Put silica gel in with your boxes of stored photos and slides to preserve them longer.
4) Your down jackets and down sleeping bags will benefit from a few packets of silica gel to keep moisture out.
5) Put a few packets in with your garden seeds to keep them dry.
6) Stash a packet or 2 with your jewelry to prevent tarnishing
7) All keepsakes in the attic in boxes can benefit from a few silica packets nearby.
8) Keep a couple packs in the pockets of your luggage to keep your clothes and travel items dry.
9) Silica gel and dried flowers are excellent friends.
10) Store them with your electronics.
11) If you have video tapes, DVDs or old audio cassettes, silica gel would be welcome nearby.
12) If you think your silica gel has been exposed to a lot of moisture, you can put them in a 150 – 200 degree oven for a few minutes to dry them out and restore them to functionality again.